The Undergraduate Architecture Program of Universitas Gadjah Mada, established in 1962, aims to prepare students to become creative, internationally competitive, environmentally and socially responsible, professional individuals in the field of architecture.
Our program is structured based on the following essential abilities needed in the world of architecture, both as a field of knowledge and practice:
1. Formulating design problems into concepts;
2. Developing a viable and functional form;
3. Determining the use of relevant subject;
4. Presenting idea and design;
5. Having strong professional ethics
With additional skills, such as:
1. Improving practical technical skills
2. Expanding basic knowledge into deeper understanding;
3. Exploring more specific issues, unique to each student
Graduates of this program will have a pre-professional qualification and can proceed to become an IAI (Ikatan Arsitek Indonesia/Indonesian Board of Architects)-licensed architect through an internship in architecture firms or enrolling in a professional program.
The recently developed professional program is intended for graduates of architecture undergraduate program (or its equivalent) and engineers to develop their skills and abilities for professional work as an architect. This program is among the first of its kind in Indonesia and highly encouraged to be taken by prospective architects.
Previous graduates have also found employment in the fields of interior design, material and building elements, construction supervision, research, management of the built environment in the government sector, or other creative fields such as photography, animation, and graphic design.